2016-2017 Child Care Training Schedule
(online registration links are below the training description)
General Training Information
SSDC will continue to provide free training for teachers who serve children in Davie County, unless otherwise noted below. Please note, there is a $15 fee for teachers who serve children outside of Davie County. Payment must be received one week prior to the scheduled class.
** If you must cancel, please remove yourself from the training sign up and contact Kati Lawrence at 336-751-2113 or firstname.lastname@example.org at least 3 business days prior to the meeting. A $10 no-show fee will be charged to those that sign up for a class but do not attend. This fee must be paid before signing up for any other class through Smart Start of Davie County. Space is limited in each class and no-shows take a training opportunity away from another child care professional.
Other important training information:
- Pre-registration is required for each class. Registration links are available at www.daviesmartstart.org.
- Walk-in registrants will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Admittance is not allowed after the first 15 minutes of class.
- Children are not allowed in training area, and must be accompanied by an adult in the lobby at all times.
- Please be courteous and turn off your cell phone during class. If you must take a phone call, please leave the training area.
- Certificates will be awarded at the end of the training with a completed evaluation.
- Kindness and respect for one another and the presenter are expected.
Teacher Training Opportunities (updated 6/2/2017)
June 12-13, 2017
First Baptist Church, 412 N Main St, Mocksville
New Playground Safety training! During this training we will discuss the training requirements for childcare centers, reasons why playground safety is so important, safety risks and hazards and how to identify and correct those hazards. Join us for this updated and informative training.
*NOTE: This training will be two nights, June 12 and 13. A total of 4 contact hours will be given. Hours will count towards health and safety training hours. MUST SIGN UP AND ATTEND BOTH NIGHTS TO RECEIVE CREDIT.
Sign up here: Playground Safety
June 20, 2017
CPR / First Aid
EMS Building, 114 Dr. Slate Drive, Mocksville
CPR and First Aid course offered by AHA certified instructor Joseph Ashburn of Davie EMS. Upon completion of this course, you will be certified in CPR and First Aid.
Cost is $4 for your certification card. Please bring exact change.
Sign up here: CPR/First Aid
For more information on Smart Start of Davie County training, please contact: Kati Lawrence at 336.751.2113 or email@example.com