2017-2018 Child Care Training Schedule
(online registration links are below the training description)
General Training Information
SSDC will continue to provide free training for teachers who serve children in Davie County, unless otherwise noted below. Please note, there is a $15 fee for teachers who serve children outside of Davie County. Payment must be received one week prior to the scheduled class.
** If you must cancel, please remove yourself from the training sign up and contact Kati Lawrence at 336-751-2113 or email@example.com at least 3 business days prior to the meeting. A $10 no-show fee will be charged to those that sign up for a class but do not attend. This fee must be paid before signing up for any other class through Smart Start of Davie County. Space is limited in each class and no-shows take a training opportunity away from another child care professional.
Other important training information:
- Pre-registration is required for each class. Registration links are available at www.daviesmartstart.org.
- Walk-in registrants will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Admittance is not allowed after the first 15 minutes of class.
- Children are not allowed in training area, and must be accompanied by an adult in the lobby at all times.
- Please be courteous and turn off your cell phone during class. If you must take a phone call, please leave the training area.
- Certificates will be awarded at the end of the training with a completed evaluation.
- Kindness and respect for one another and the presenter are expected.
Teacher Training Opportunities (updated 10/17/2017)
October 17, 2017
CPR and First Aid certification by an AHA certified instructor. This class will be held at the EMS building in Davie County, located at 114 Dr. Slate Dr. Limited availability, so please sign up ASAP. Cost is just $4 for the certification card. Payment will be accepted at the class. Please bring correct change.
November 7, 2017
It’s SIDS training by Davie County Child Care Health Consultant, Brandi Patti. This training will only be offered once per quarter. If your certification is due to expire prior to February 6, 2018, please sign up for this free class.
For more information on Smart Start of Davie County training, please contact: Kati Lawrence at 336.751.2113 or firstname.lastname@example.org