2016-2017 Child Care Training Schedule
(online registration links are below the training description)
General Training Information
SSDC will continue to provide free training for teachers who serve children in Davie County, unless otherwise noted below. Please note, there is a $15 fee for teachers who serve children outside of Davie County. Payment must be received one week prior to the scheduled class.
** If you must cancel, please remove yourself from the training sign up and contact Kati Lawrence at 336-751-2113 or email@example.com at least 3 business days prior to the meeting. A $10 no-show fee will be charged to those that sign up for a class but do not attend. This fee must be paid before signing up for any other class through Smart Start of Davie County. Space is limited in each class and no-shows take a training opportunity away from another child care professional.
Other important training information:
- Pre-registration is required for each class. Registration links are available at www.daviesmartstart.org.
- Walk-in registrants will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Admittance is not allowed after the first 15 minutes of class.
- Children are not allowed in training area, and must be accompanied by an adult in the lobby at all times.
- Please be courteous and turn off your cell phone during class. If you must take a phone call, please leave the training area.
- Certificates will be awarded at the end of the training with a completed evaluation.
- Kindness and respect for one another and the presenter are expected.
Teacher Training Opportunities (updated 8/11/2017)
September 9, 2017, 8:30 AM until 3:30 PM
Early Educator’s Conference — I Think I Can Make a Difference!
Sponsored by Smart Start of Davie County
Topics include Bridges Out of Poverty, ITERS, Behavior Management, Sensory Processing, Professional Development and more! We are also excited to welcome our keynote speaker, Steve Gilliland!! Mr. Gilliland is a member of the Speaker Hall of Fame, best-selling author, and a Davie County resident! He speaks to more than 250,000 people each year and you can be one of those!!
Cost for this exciting conference is just $10 for Davie County child care providers ($25 for those out of Davie County). Participants receive 5 contact hours, lunch, and endless knowledge to bring back to their classrooms to Make A Difference!! Once registration opens, participants will be placed in sessions on a first-come, first-serve basis, so register early!
For more information on Smart Start of Davie County training, please contact: Kati Lawrence at 336.751.2113 or firstname.lastname@example.org